USA Career Opportunities
Director, Business Development - Digital Clinical Trials Solutions (DCTS)
Medocity is in search of an experienced and highly motivated Director of Business Development to support our Digital Clinical Trials Solutions (DCTS) business unit for decentralized trials; and join our growing, collaborative team. You will be working closely with a growing and collaborative team of Operations, IT Development and Marketing/Sales teams. This role is key in initiating, driving, leading, and executing our sales goals and revenue growth objectives. This position will be responsible for DCTS lead generation, communication, and qualification, managing the client database and sales process, while supporting marketing programs, and conferences, as assigned. Candidates should have a strong understanding of digital health, decentralized clinical trials and the industry stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to join a growing health technology company with opportunity for advancement.
If you 1) have a great attitude and the desire to succeed in a performance-based company environment, 2) like a fast-paced and flexible environment and to work with a highly collaborative team, 3) want to work hard and grow with us as we build our company, and 4) want to make a difference in people’s lives, then MEDOCITY is the place for you!
- Work with Medocity DCTS leadership to develop and implement account penetrations strategies for key top pharmaceutical and biotech companies in North America.
- Develop and present annual business development and key account development plans.
- Implement business development plan and execute account development strategies with key focus on growing the Medocity sales pipeline and ensuring annual sales targets are met, through top pharma and biotech accounts
- Work with Inside Sales and Marketing to generate and follow up on leads and develop new business prospects.
- Collaborate with internal partners/customers on new opportunities and RFPs for strategy, presentations, proposal preparation, technical meetings, and on-going client satisfaction.
- Responsible for weekly business development pipeline reporting to Medocity’s executive team including status of opportunities, account review presentations and monthly forecast updates.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records for accounts and activities (active and targeted) within Salesforce
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with prospects and clients through focused visits and presentations to ensure high levels of client engagement and satisfaction.
- Work with marketing team to conduct market analysis on business segments or capabilities to identify and assess competition, understand customer behavior/interests and market trends, as required.
- Travel: meet prospects and new clients remotely and in territory as necessary
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (in life sciences, IT and/or business degree preferred); MBA preferred
- 7 – 10 years sales or business development experience building relationships and selling directly to pharmaceutical clients, CROs technology platforms, software and health technology solutions and third party providers
- Solid understanding of digital platforms used in decentralized clinical research and RWE generation
- Proven success in hunting, navigating and closing opportunities through sales cycle (Hit and Strike Rate metrics preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers with consultative customer service approach and orientation
- Demonstrated client management and retention skills with proven success of sales targets
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Experience with preparing slide presentations and proposals
- Problem solving, consultative approach is preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
Salary and position commensurate with experience.
Medocity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Industry Type: Digital Healthcare Technology
Functional Area: Business Development and Sales
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Job Type: Employee
Great! Please fill out the form above and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to work at Medocity? We’d love to hear from you!
Here’s a bit about us: Medocity is a young, fast-growing company focused on helping payers, life sciences organizations, and health systems measurably improve patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs through early detection and proactive intervention. Our flagship product, the Medocity Digital Care Platform, enables comprehensive, patient-centered digital care strategies delivered through a uniquely flexible and scalable enterprise-level solution.
Feel free to browse the positions we have available. If you see any that interest you, please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!