USA Career Opportunities
Director/Sr. Director, Business Development - Digital Patient Support Solutions (DPSS)
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Director/Senior Director of Business Development to support our Digital Patient Support Solutions (DPSS) business unit and join our growing, collaborative team. This role will play a key part in leading and implementing our business development and sales goals, as well as achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. This position will be responsible for DPSS lead communication and qualification, managing the client database and sales process, supporting marketing programs, and managing conferences. Candidates should have a strong understanding of digital health, patient support and engagement, the pharmaceutical industry, as well as overall healthcare and market access knowledge. Great opportunity to join a growing health technology company with excellent potential for advancement.
- Report to Medocity DPSS leadership to develop and implement account penetrations strategies for key top pharmaceutical and biotech companies in North America.
- Develop and present annual Business Development Plan and key account development plans.
- Implement business development plan and account development strategies with key focus on growing Medocity sales pipeline and ensuring annual sales targets are met, through top pharma and biotech accounts.
- Work with Inside Sales and Marketing to generate and follow up on leads and develop new business prospects.
- Collaborate with internal partners/customers on new opportunities and RFPs for strategy, presentations, proposal preparation, technical meetings and on-going client satisfaction.
- Responsible for weekly business development reporting to Medocity executive team including status of opportunities, account review presentations and accurate monthly forecasts.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records within Salesforce Lightning, for accounts and activities (active and targeted).
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with prospects and clients through focused visits and presentations to ensure high levels of client engagement and satisfaction.
- Work with marketing team to conduct market analysis on business segments or capabilities to identify and assess competition, understand customer behavior/interests and market trends, as required.
If qualified and dependent on experience, in addition to the above:
- Hires and develops diverse talent for open or new territories.
- Manages, trains and provides leadership (coaching, mentoring, guiding, challenging, problem solving etc) to newly assigned BD team.
- Assigns accounts, territories and forecasts individual territory sales goals.
- Utilizes Salesforce to manage team pipeline, forecast and analyze key sales metrics.
- Develops coaching/actions plans as needed.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in life science and/or business degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 – 10+ years sales (or relevant) experience developing strategies and selling technology platforms, software and health technology solutions directly to pharmaceutical clients, CROs and third party providers.
- Demonstrated experience and direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
- Advanced experience in sales/business development within pharmaceutical industry and development operations; with strong understanding of digital technologies used in patient support and market access solutions.
- Demonstrated client management and retention skills with proven success of sales targets.
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations.
- Ability to differentiate Medocity from competitors.
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans.
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Extensive global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions.
Salary and position commensurate with experience.
Medocity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Please apply on Medocity website at www.medocity.com
Employment Type: Full-time
Great! Please fill out the form above and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to work at Medocity? We’d love to hear from you!
Here’s a bit about us: Medocity is a young, fast-growing company focused on helping payers, life sciences organizations, and health systems measurably improve patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs through early detection and proactive intervention. Our flagship product, the Medocity Digital Care Platform, enables comprehensive, patient-centered digital care strategies delivered through a uniquely flexible and scalable enterprise-level solution.
Feel free to browse the positions we have available. If you see any that interest you, please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!